Saturday, August 18, 2007

Shower and Teeth

One suggestion for conserving water (of which I never understood) is to brush your teeth while in the shower. I can't see how exactly that works if your taking the time to brush your teeth anyway, but now using the rate of water in your shower instead of the sink.

I mentioned this to a friend of mine, and she said she completely agreed with me. She wets the toothbrush while she initially enters the shower, pauses the shower to brush, and rinses while washing out her hair and face. I suppose this might actually conserve water because you actually aren't taking any extra time to brush your teeth.

If you just brush your teeth in the shower, I do not believe you're conserving water, but actually using much more of it. Think about the rate of the shower and the rate of the sink.

No comments: