Sunday, August 19, 2007

School Coming

Within the next couple of weeks, sons and daughters everywhere are packing their bags full of books and pencils and heading to school. If your school does not have a bus, I would just like to suggest a carpool. Not only will you save money and gas, parents will also have just that much more time while someone else is driving for them.

Gas prices are skyrocketing. This is an incentive for everyone to use less gas. While your conserving your gas, you are also being kinder to your environment.

Years ago in US history, the Native Americans showed the settlers this weird black goo gushing from underground. At the time, we lit our lamps with whale oil. Whale oil was getting increasingly expensive as demand rose and availability decreased. When the sample of the mysterious goo was sent to Yale university, a professor found that it had oil properties, and it was an instant hit; it cost much less than whale oil items.

At this point, our gas is so expensive, joyrides are next to none. This seems the perfect opportunity for a discovery of an alternative source.

3 comments:

Ally said...

Hi there GG & thanks for linking to my blog, very kind of you x

I like what I have read on your site(s) do keep up the good work.

Take care

Ally

Beate Knappe said...

Hi there, thanks for stopping by my Blog and thanks for the verry kind comment- i read on your site and i like what you are doing too

Owl said...

Hey! Just wanted to say thanks for the feedback on my blog. I do realize that the world wont change with a rant or two, but I love to write down my ideas and thoughts to develop goals, and plans to reach those goals. Most of my writing isn't as angry as that post. And I do have obese/smoking friends and relatives, but I try to influence them to take better care of themselves so they are around longer ;)

And in response to this blog..."I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by riding a bike!"

~Owl